Soy candles are a popular choice for many people because they are made from a renewable source, burn longer and cleaner than traditional candles, and can have a pleasant, natural scent. If you’ve never burned a soy candle before, or if you’re looking for tips to get the most out of your candle, here’s how to burn a soy candle safely and effectively:
- Find a suitable stable and place: on a heat-resistant surface.
- Trim the wick: Before lighting your candle, use a wick trimmer or a pair of scissors to cut the wick to about 1/4 inch. This will help the candle burn more evenly and reduce the risk of the flame getting too high.
- Light the candle: Use a long match or a lighter to light the wick at the base of the candle. Hold the flame close to the wick until it catches, then allow the candle to burn for a few minutes until a pool of melted wax forms around the wick.
- Keep the candle away from drafts: To prevent the flame from flickering or going out, it’s important to keep your soy candle away from drafts, such as open windows or fans.
- Burn the candle for a maximum of four hours at a time: Soy candles should not be burned for more than four hours at a time. This will help prevent the candle from overheating and reduce the risk of a fire.
- Extinguish the candle: When you’re ready to extinguish the candle, use a candle snuffer or gently blow out the flame. Do not use water to extinguish a soy candle, as this can cause the wax to splatter and create a mess.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy your soy candle safely and get the most out of it. Just remember to always use caution when burning any type of candle and to never leave a burning candle unattended.